Do you think that having culture in our lives is important?
Do you think the arts have a role to play in connecting people locally and internationally?
Do you think the arts can contribute to raising social and environmental awareness?
We think the time is right for the cultural sector to contribute to solutions for the good of our people and our planet.
D6:EU is looking to expand our board of voluntary directors to support our mission and grow our governance expertise. As a new international cultural NGO based in Cyprus, we collaborate with artists, communities and policy makers in valuing the role of the arts in our society.
D6:EU develops opportunities for artists and cultural collaborations in Cyprus, Europe and the Middle East. With an expertise in arts practice which supports social and environmental justice, we collaborate with artists, communities and policy makers in valuing the role of the arts in our society. (D6EU is an independent sister organisation of D6 Culture in Transit in the UK).
With international partners in Spain, Greece, Italy, UK, Turkey, Jordan, France and Ukraine we plan ambitious programmes of artistic exchange supporting local, national and European aims for social cohesion and net zero carbon emissions. Current themes include community responses to the climate crisis, colonial legacies and artists (and communities) in exile. Our programme will bring opportunities for Cypriot artists and organisations to build international expertise and presence through residencies, exhibitions capacity building and networking.
We build on a long history of European exchange, leading Creative Europe programmes and engaging as experts in European networks including Culture Action Europe the political platform for culture and as expert advisors for United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) on the role of culture in sustainable cities. Initiated during Covid D6:EU are now looking to grow our board of voluntary directors to support our mission and grow our governance expertise. Is this you?:
- Individuals with experience of arts, cultural or heritage organisations
- Experience of working with international NGO programmes
- Local, national or international policymakers/advisors
- Young/early career cultural practitioners or activists.
- Legal, Financial and/or not for profit fundraising expertise
We are looking for active and engaged members, who share our values of Equity, Sustainability, Curiosity and Generosity. We welcome applications from individuals with a range of backgrounds and lived experiences and aim for diversity across our Board members, staff, participants and audiences.
Additional support will be provided to individuals without prior board experience
What to expect:
- You will join a team of experienced international project managers and policy advisors. (See here for founding members);
- You will help in the shaping and designing of international projects that benefit artists and cultural producers;
- You will help to contribute to local policy strands, giving voice to artists and the communities they work with;
- We will meet three times a year online with further opportunities for international exchange;
- There is no fee for this position, but expenses will be paid;
- The initial term will be for three years in accordance with D6:EU’s Articles of Association).
As a director of a not for profit organisation, you will share the responsibility for:
- The strategic direction of D6:EU
- The development of policies and procedures for the effective governance of D6:EU
- The monitoring of annual budgets and other financial projections
- Ensuring good employment practice is followed and employment legislation is met
- Promoting the interests of D6:EU
If you are interested in taking a journey with us on a programme that works with talented artists and intrepid partners, connecting the local to the international, then please let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
If this prospect excites you, please contact Argyro Toumazou or Clymene Christoforou for an informal conversation on board membership.
To apply please email an expression of interest on no more than 2-sides of A4 including:
- why you are interested in the position
- how your experience relates to the areas outlined
- what qualities you would like to bring to D6:EU.
Please send this and a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 June 2023, 12 midnight EET.